Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Minha Casa






Dorcas, one of the women from church who teaches the children’s class, requested that I build her a house for use in illustrating family concepts to the children this year. She visited with me and told me the stipulations of the project. She needed a portable, fold out house that could be carried by one handle and had room for her other books for the class. Therefore, I took a cardboard box, cut off one end for the base, attached the sides of the house with paper hinges, and used recycled materials to decorate. My favorite touch is the “stained glass” window made out of the end of a plastic cup and markers. Dorcas was so proud of the house she showed it to the whole church one Sunday when they were thanking those who contribute to their weekly projects. It was a lot of fun, and now I know how to make a portable dollhouse for future reference.

No comments: